Flash You Breasts For Women’s Rights!
Posted by charliegrrl on September 11, 2006
In the name of Women’s Rights, Nuts took to the streets of London in a topless double-decker bus, with four topless women holding signs declaring: ‘Women of Britain: Free Your Boobs!’
NUTS: “…championing equal rights, every week…
At Nuts, we believe in equality for all. Like men, women should enjoy decent standards of pay…and like men, women should be allowed to whip off their tops during a heatwave…when it comes to women’s rights, Nuts leads the way!” (Nuts 4-10th Aug pg 6)
What a joke…
Flash your breasts for male titillation! Cos, it’s liberating for women…to be viewed as sex objects for men to gawp at…
Women’s liberation does not involve flashing your breasts for the lads mags, giving your boyfriend a lap dance, or swinging half-naked round a pole.
True women’s liberation involves the following:
- free and accessible abortion and contraception
- free and accessible child care
- equal pay and equal rights in the workplace
- equal educational and training opportunities
- an end to discrimination for all women
- freedom from the objectification and commodification of the female body
- freedom from male and state-sanctioned physical and sexual violence, abuse and harrassment
- freedom from fear of men
We won’t acheive this as sex objects.